RETURN TO THE MONTALBAN
Because everything is safer outdoors these days, the popular rooftop movie series is returning to The Montalbán for some outside fun.
The annual summertime series, which offers guests a cinematic experience under the stars, with Coronavirus safety precautions in place, kicks off with the 2013 comedy This Is the End, followed by Bohemian Rhapsody, Birdman, Weekend at Bernie’s, and Pulp Fiction rounding out the opening weekend.
Screenings will continue every weekend—with double features on Fridays and Saturdays—for the foreseeable future. The cinematic experience rolls right into Halloween-themed fun in October during Rooftop Screams! The cost is $25 for regular admission and $50 for a loveseat (in limited supply), which includes two boxes of popcorn. Guests must order tickets in advance and can arrive at The Montalbán as early as 6 pm. All attendees must wear a mask and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
An evening at Rooftop Movies at The Montalbán commences when doors open at 6 pm, with the feature film starting 10 minutes after sunset. Guests must be 18 years or older or accompanied by an adult for R-rated films, and ages 12 and up for family-friendly films.
The Montalbán’s rooftop oasis—outfitted with a bar, concession stand, and kitchen—provides an open-air movie theater experience complete with sanitized, noise-canceling headphones. Attendees can enjoy fun and games on-site with activities such as Jenga GIANT, oversized four-in-a-row, cornhole bean bag toss, or just ham-it-up in the Selfie Zone. Dinner is usually available for purchase on the rooftop or easily accessible from an array of local restaurants.
With screenings of Oscar winners like La La Land and Casablanca, cult classics such as Back to the Future and The Breakfast Club, and family flicks including Labyrinth and Hocus Pocus, there’s something for everyone at the Rooftop Movies series.
“We offer movie lovers a serene space that’s synonymous with a romantic evening or family night, and we’re excited to bring it back to Hollywood in a fun and safe way,” said Montalbán President Gilbert “Gil” Smith. “After being closed for so long due to the pandemic, we thank all of our patrons for their continued support and patience.”
Rooftop Movies at The Montalbán:
- Fri. 8/27 at 8:00 p.m.: This Is the End
- Fri. 8/27 at 10:30 p.m.: Bohemian Rhapsody
- Sat. 8/28 at 8:00 p.m.: Birdman
- Sat. 8/28 at 10:30 p.m.: Weekend at Bernie’s
- Sun. 8/29 at 8:00 p.m.: Pulp Fiction
- Fri. 9/3 at 8:00 p.m.: Clueless
- Fri. 9/3 at 10:00 p.m.: True Romance
- Sat. 9/4 at 8:00 p.m.: The Truman Show
- Sat. 9/4 at 10:30 p.m.: Wayne’s World
- Sun. 9/5 at 8:00 p.m.: The Goonies
- Thurs. 9/9 at 8:00 p.m.: The Doors
- Fri. 9/10 at 8:00 p.m.: The Breakfast Club
- Fri. 9/10 at 10:30 p.m.: The Darjeeling Limited
- Sat. 9/11at 8:00 p.m.: Hocus Pocus
- Sat. 9/11 at 10:30 p.m.: District 9
- Sun. 9/12 at 8:00 p.m.: La La Land
- Thurs. 9/16 at 8:00 p.m.: There's Something About Mary
- Fri. 9/17 at 8:00 p.m.: Labyrinth
- Fri. 9/17 at 10:30 p.m.: Grandma's Boy
- Sat. 9/18 at 8:00 p.m.: Top Gun
- Sat. 9/18 at 10:30 p.m.: Blade Runner (2012 Final Cut)
- PRIVATE EVENT - Closed to the public: Sun. 9/19
- Thurs. 9/23 at 8:00 p.m.: They Live
- Fri. 9/24 at 8:00 p.m.: Back to the Future
- Fri. 9/24 at 10:30 p.m.: 500 Days of Summer
- Sat. 9/25 at 8:00 p.m.: Casablanca
- Sat. 9/25 at 10:30 p.m.: L.A. Confidential
- Sun. 9/26 at 8:00 p.m.: The Royal Tenenbaums
The Montalbán is located at 1615 Vine Street in Hollywood. For tickets and more information, please call the box office at 323-461-6999 or click here.
Photography Courtesy Of: The Montalbán