MASTERS OF TASTE
SECOND ANNUAL FOOD FEST BACK AT ROSE BOWL MAY 7
Last year on a beautiful May afternoon on the field of the Pasadena Rose Bowl I had the absolute best time at the inaugural Masters of Taste—the best food festival of the year.
And now, almost a year later, Spring has sprung and the time has come to celebrate and savor the finer things at the Second Annual Masters of Taste, an outdoor, luxury food and beverage festival being held on Sunday, May 7 from 3pm to 7pm on the field of the iconic Pasadena Rose Bowl.
This year’s Masters of Taste will bring over 2,500 food and beverage enthusiasts together from all over Greater Los Angeles for an afternoon to celebrate this exhilarating festival, which will include the finest fare from over 40 Culinary Masters and restaurants, delectable sweets prepared by L.A.’s top Sweet Masters, signature handcrafted cocktails and tastings from over 30 Beverage Masters, including L.A’s top bartenders and cocktail bars, local California wineries, local craft breweries, pressed juices, hand roasted coffee, live entertainment and much more.
All proceeds from Masters of Taste 2017 will directly benefit Union Station Homeless Services, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to helping homeless men, women and children rebuild their lives. Union Station is part of a premier group of human services agencies in Los Angeles County that are leading the way to end homelessness in our community and offers an array of services including street outreach, meals, shelter, housing, case management and career development. Last year, Masters of Taste 2016 raised over $435,000 for Union Station Homeless Services, and this year Masters of Taste hopes to grow that number to $560,000.
While some food festivals suffer from overcrowding or too small food samples, Masters of Taste never felt cramp as being on the prestigious Rose Bowl field offered ample space as well as a swank feeling of being somewhere a little cooler than your average food fest.
Guests are encouraged to utilize car services – Lyft, Uber, Taxi, etc. – since this event does serve alcoholic beverages. To get 20% off your ride to and from Masters of Taste, please visit Lyft. Complimentary parking will also be available at the event.
Click here to buy Masters of Taste tickets.
Some of this year’s Masters of Taste 2017 participating Culinary Masters and Restaurants include:
- 118 Degrees Chef Jenny Ross (Tarzana)
- Alexander’s Steakhouse Chef Matt Bata (Pasadena)
- Bacchus Kitchen & Eatery and Claude & Co. Chef Claud Beltran (Pasadena)
- Bone Kettle and Komodo Chef Erwin Tjahyadi (Pasadena and Los Angeles)
- CAST at the Viceroy Santa Monica Chef Larry Monaco (Santa Monica)
- Celestino Chef Calogero Drago (Pasadena)
- Church & State and Spring Chef Tony Esnault (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Crossings Chef Lalo Sanchez (South Pasadena)
- HACHÉ LA Chef Michael “Mick” Schepers (Silver Lake)
- HokePoke Chef Lauren Haas (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Hamasaku Chef Yoya Takahashi (Los Angeles)
- Hyperion Public Chef Paddy Aubrey (Silver Lake and Studio City)
- INTRO Art Gallery & Chef’s Table Chef Paul Shoemaker (North Hollywood)
- Little Beast Chef Jose Perez (Eagle Rock)
- Magnolia House Chef Evan Colter (Pasadena)
- Mama Lion Chef Michael Hung (Koreatown)
- Mexikosher Chef Katsuji Tanabi (Los Angeles)
- Milk & Honey Chef Lulu Cai (Hollywood)
- Miro Chef Gavin Mills (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Momed Chef Alex Sarkissian (Beverly Hills and Atwater Village)
- Nerano Chef Michele Lisi (Beverly Hills)
- Prince of Venice
- Ramen Tatsunoya (Pasadena)
- SpireWorks Chef Kuniko Yagi (Westwood Village and Eagle Rock)
- Redbird Chef Neal Fraser (Downtown Los Angeles)
- The Raymond 1886 Chef Tim Guiltinan (Pasadena)
- True Food Kitchen Chef Phil Noresetter (Pasadena)
- Venice Whaler Chef Nick Liberato (Venice)
Sweet Masters: A select group of Los Angeles Top Sweet Masters will showcase an assortment of delectable desserts such as the gourmet single-origin chocolate and vanilla ice creams from Choctal, homemade premium sorbets from Helados Pops, the finest globally-procured cacao from Chocolate Stars USA, and much more from Café Dulce, Icy Rush, Lark Cake Shop, Magpies Softserve, Mignon Chocolate, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Sprinkles, Street Churros and The Dirty Cookie.
Some of this year’s participating Beverage Masters include:
Brewmasters: Beverage Masters who specialize in barley and hops will be presenting top-notch ales, lagers, pilsners and more for guests to sample, sip and savor all throughout the event, including Southern California favorites Bootlegger’s Brewery, Indie Brewing Company, Iron triangle Brewing, MacLeod Ale Brewing Co., Three Weavers Brewing Company and 101 Cider House.
Wineries: A specially curated collection of Wine Masters will be showcasing their finest varietals including premium boutique winery Ascension Cellars, Antelope Valley’s Golden Star Vineyards, Jardesca, St. Helena’s Hall Wines, Anderson Valley’s Navarro Vineyards, San Antonio Winery in Downtown Los Angeles, Santa Barbara County’s Tercero Wines, Napa Valley’s Trinchero Family Estates and Vinemark Cellars.
Bars & Spirits: Some of L.A.’s top bartenders and cocktail bars will be creating first-rate craft cocktails, including Peter Lloyd-Jones and 1886 Bar, Garrett McKechnie of Downtown L.A.’s Bar Mattachine and Bar Manager Bethany Ham of the newly opened 1950s inspired hidden cocktail den Birds & Bees. Top brands showcasing their finest spirits will also include American Born Moonshine, Dulce Vida Tequila, Mezcal El Silencio, Glenlevit, Kikori Whiskey, Martell Blue Swift and ZYR Russian Vodka just to name a few.
Non-Alcoholic Beverages: A variety of premium non-alcoholic Beverage Masters will also be on hand for those who wish to hydrate, caffeinate or regenerate, featuring the “bevolutionary” Bai who will be presenting their antioxidant juices, teas and water infusions, Boxed Water, Califia Farms Juices and Cold Brew Coffees, Dry Sparkling, Kombucha Dog, Milk+T, cold-pressed juices from Nekter Juice Bar, Philz hand roasted customized blended Coffee, and all natural, refreshing beverages from Zico Coco Water.
Ticket Information: Masters of Taste will take place on Sunday, May 7. A VIP Power Hour will be held from 3pm to 4pm and General Admission is 4pm to 7pm. Tickets to this event are only available for guests 21+ and over. General Admission tickets cost $105 and VIP admission is $185.
Click here to buy tickets.
Masters of Taste will take place at the Pasadena Rose Bowl, located at 1001 Rose Bowl Drive in Pasadena. Call 626-791-6677 or info@MastersofTasteLA.com for more info.
Photography Cortesy of: Masters of Taste